EN BOUTON
Home
Adventures in personal style.

Links

Flickr
Twitter
Tumblr
Polyvore
Pinterest

Template by Elle @ satellit-e.bs.com
Images: own work
Others: colour codes


ARCHIVES
January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 June 2011 July 2011 September 2011

Tagged
Saturday 12 February 2011 / 12:26

 Both Elle and Lady Cardigan tagged me for the Stylish Blogger Award - thank you both very much! I feel bound to mention that your Stylish Blogger is not looking particularly stylish at this present moment - sitting on the floor rocking homemade pyjamas and the aforementioned men's hiking fleece - but moving swiftly on, here are the terms of the award.

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

I'm afraid I have been lax with my blog-reading lately and had a hard time thinking of 15 recently discovered bloggers who hadn't already been tagged by someone else, so here are six:

Gabrielle of Fern & Fawn
Petite Chic[k] of Apparel Addiction
Cee of To Brighten My Day
Violet of Calendars and Pens
Michelle of The Petite Fitting Room 
Sara of Orchids in Buttonholes

Now, seven things about myself, probably in far too much detail. :P

 1. During my school years, this was me:
I was (and am) a total nerd - I love reading, learning and finding out obscure facts. I was that girl who always sat at the front of the class, read books during playtime, and so on. I also used to be super uptight about things like proper grammar and following the rules, though I mostly keep that tendency to myself now. I got teased a bit at school and my teenage years were horribly awkward, but these days I wear my nerd badge with pride. Wingardium leviosa!

And yes, I'm a Harry Potter fan too. I went to the midnight releases for the last two or three books. For Deathly Hallows, I dressed up in a black robe and brought a toy owl. I'm just that cool.

2. This is where I live:


Edinburgh, Scotland! Born and raised here, and I love it - the streets are so beautiful and full of history. One of my favourite things about living here is that I can get just about anywhere I need to go by walking. The public transport is good too but I'm usually too cheap for a £1.20 bus fare when "I could just as easily walk there!".

3. I'm pretty keen on food and I have a serious sweet tooth.

 Pistachio ice cream from last spring.
I love all those "girly" chocolate bars (white chocolate Bueno, KitKat Senses, Mars Delight), even though I dislike the way they're marketed. I also have a bit of a thing for peanut butter. If I had to name one favourite dish, though, it would probably be vegetarian chilli slathered in cheese, sour cream and jalapenos:

 I had this last summer, and it was incredible.

4. I'm on the tall side now, but as a child I used to hover around the 98th centile. By the age of 10 I'd broken 5'0" and was wearing women's size 5 (US 7 or 7.5) shoes. I wanted to be good at gymnastics, but I was all long limbs and no coordination. :(

5. I love art, and my goal is to get into art college this year. In the future I'd like to work as an illustrator or do concept art for animated films... my dream is to work somewhere like Pixar or Studio Ghibli, haha. The first time I saw My Neighbour Totoro I cried because the background art was so beautiful.

6. I'm a bit of a Lushie. I don't use Lush products exclusively, but I've been shopping there for about eight years now and I've used more of their products than I care to admit. (My favourites? Big shampoo, Jungle conditioner and Skin Drink moisturiser, though I'm growing to love Imogen Rose perfume as well.)

7. House is pretty much the only (current) TV series I watch.

Labels: , ,



Blogger aki! said on 13 February 2011 at 04:48  

Lushies unite!

Ugh, it's way too late at night for me to be craving some of that ice cream.

seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com


Blogger None said on 17 February 2011 at 07:21  

I'm a nerd too, and yes I used to read books on the playground! I'm still very prone to following rules (sigh). No wild and crazy for me. How lovely that you live in Edinburgh - I envy you!


Blogger Violet said on 18 February 2011 at 03:30  

I need to see My Neighbor Totoro, can't believe I haven't heard of it! I loved all his other work and I love serials like "Monster." Thank you for the tag!! :D

Violet
www.calendars-and-pens.blogspot.com

Post a Comment